Institute of Transportation Design, Braunschweig University of Art
The Institute of Transportation Design (ITD) is concerned with the mobility change and other social transformation and future topics (e.g. energy transition, digitization and space 4.0). In June 2007 it emerged from the department of “Transportation Design & Social Sciences”, which was established in 2002 at Braunschweig University of Art and will soon be part of the Institute of Design Research (IDF). Our approach to teaching and research extends far beyond issues related to the mere design of vehicles and mobility systems and deals with the development of well-founded future scenarios.
Our team consists of three scientific staff members. The activities and research focus of the interdisciplinary group are:
- Development of future scenarios in the context of the commercialization of space.
- Conducting qualitative interviews with experts and companies in the future fields of digitization, Industry 4.0 and Space 4.0.
- Exploration of possible earthbound innovation transfer within the framework of the project 3D4Space.
- Conducting design thinking workshops to explore and develop innovative business models and products.
- Design and visualization of the space concepts, technologies and their possible terrestrial application developed in the project.